Moving applications to the cloud requires faster, more reliable connectivity. IoT demands even more performance as connected consumer endpoints multiply, taxing bandwidth and exposing sensitive networks to threats and vulnerabilities. Meanwhile, your workforce is becoming more mobile, demanding optimal performance wherever they go.
It's an arduous landscape for a business to manage, but it can be navigated with confidence when using Cisco SD-WAN. Combining software-defined efficiency with the Cisco platforms you have come to trust, Cisco SD-WAN provides unparalleled visibility across your WAN, optimal connectivity for end users, and the most comprehensive security platform to harden your network.
What is SD-WAN?
SD-WAN is a software-defined approach to managing the wide-area network, or WAN. Key advantages include:
- Reducing costs with transport independence across MPLS, 3G/4G LTE, etc.
- Improving business application performance and increasing agility.
- Optimising the user experience and efficiency for SaaS and public cloud applications.
- Simplifying operations with automation and cloud-based management.
SD-WAN enables you to:
- Simplify management. As a centralised, cloud-delivered WAN architecture, SD-WAN makes it easy to scale across thousands of endpoints, whether they are in the branch, campus, or cloud. IT has the ability to automate zero-touch deployment globally, using a single management interface.
- Improve the user experience. WAN optimisation delivers optimal cloud application performance from multiple clouds to users anywhere. In the event of link failure or link degradation, application-aware routing can dynamically route traffic between dedicated circuits and secure Internet connections to drive constant delivery of business-critical applications.
- Increase security. Threat prevention is enforced at the right place. SD-WAN architecture features distributed security at the branch level. Data does not have to travel back to the headquarters or data center for advanced security protection (such as a firewall, DNS enforcement, or intrusion prevention).
For lean IT teams, Meraki simplifies branch management and integrates threat management.
Meraki Dashboard: Simple, cross-functional management:
- Single pane of glass management for full stack branch infrastructure (security, WAN, switching, wireless and more)
- Cisco Advanced Malware Protection
- Cisco Snort IPS
- Integrated URL filtering
- Geo-IP-based firewalling
Extend intent-based networking across the branch, WAN, and cloud.
Cisco vManage (Viptela): Highly flexible and customisation
- Support for multiple uplinks: MPLS + Broadband + LTE
- App-aware policies for SLA
- TCP Optimization and WAN acceleration
- Service chaining at L4-L7
- Highly flexible segmentation
- Integrated security from Cisco Umbrella
- Speeding up Office365 and other SaaS apps
- Full virtualization with ENCS
- IPv6 support
- On-premises and private cloud management
- Seamless extension to AWS and Azure
- Layer 3 VPN overlay for hub-and-spoke deployments
- Layer 3 and 7 policy and performance-based routing
- Transport independence across a variety of connection types
- Zero touch deployment with support for templated configurations
- Highly scalable (10,000+ sites)
- LTE failover
- Virtual platform for AWS/Azure
- Public cloud management
- Intuitive GUI-based configuration and monitoring